March is among us! February was a interesting month and involved everything from midterms stress, Valentine's Day, museum visiting, to beginning to practice meditation. February, like many other months, also involved some shopping, finding new products and new music. Here's what "maddered" in my past month of February!
Fashion Favorites:
I have some new additions to my jewelry (and watch) collection, chrome-black and gold were themes for me this month. The gorgeous black crystal and gold watch was a Valentine's gift from my best friend, Isabel. The two bracelets I found on a whim were from Ann Taylor Loft and on clearance. Sadly, I lost the black bracelet recently :( Note to self: bracelets with magnetic clasps aren't practical when you are running around school and constantly taking your backpack on and off.
I also rediscovered an old necklace of mine (left) which I bought years ago from the Fremont Sunday Market, I believe it was a $3 vintage find. The sunglasses are from Target. I have a way of breaking and losing sunglasses, so I can never justify buying expensive ones.
The downtown City Target has a parking deal where if you spend $20 at the store, you get two hours "free" parking...that was the reason I purchased this salmon pull-over sweater, but I still love it!
Up close and personal with my new favorite shoes. I've been living in boots since September and needed to increase my spring shoe game. These simple slip-ons are the perfect shoe to transition from winter to spring. They look cute with pretty much any outfit, I love the laser-cut detailing, and they were only $20 from Target - woohoo! (Can we see a Target theme here?)
Beauty Favorites:
For some odd coincidence, most of my favorite beauty products this month come in stick form!
My skin hasn't been its best lately. I've been loving the Olay "Active Hydrating Cream" as a nightly moisturizer. It is very light and dries quickly, but is still gives a good surge of moisture. MOIST - just for the people who hate that word.
I had a gross cold during the month of February, my Ancient Dragonfly Soap Co. "Healing Stick" was a good natural alternative to products like Vicks, plus it smells way better. For any recent bruise or headache, I've been rubbing a little bit of my Cannabis Basics "The Remedy" pain stick on my temples or other areas in need. I really do think it helps! "The Remedy" was a Christmas gift from my friend Darienne, check out her mom's rad company and products here.
During the last few days of February I discovered a new favorite foundation - Maybelline's "Fit Me" foundation in stick form! I have naturally oily skin, so this cream form foundation works wonders compared to regular liquid foundation.
During the last few days of February I discovered a new favorite foundation - Maybelline's "Fit Me" foundation in stick form! I have naturally oily skin, so this cream form foundation works wonders compared to regular liquid foundation.
Music Favorites:
I'm not really sure how to describe my music taste recently, but these artists have been satisfying it.
My favorite songs by each of them are...
Easy & Let Me Follow by Son Lux
Better Than You Are & Co-Pilot by James Davis
Jealous by Labrinth (Yes, with an i not a y)
Work Song, Sedated & Jackie and Wilson by Hozier (but really just the whole album)
❁ Here's to lots of happiness in March! Cheers friends! ❁
My next post will be about recent adventures and museum visits! Check out my friend Greta's similar post on her blog: SOMESALTWATER.WORDPRESS.COM
No comments:
Post a Comment