Friday, July 18, 2014

Eyeliner & Mascara Life Hack


Don't you hate it when mascara gets clumpy and liquid eyeliner starts to dry out? It always happens at the worst times when rushing to get ready in the morning. I have a quick and easy beauty "life hack"  to fix this problem.


Simply adding a few drops of eye drops will change the consistency of liquid eyeliner and mascara.

Hold the eyeliner/mascara tube upright, place drops in, let it activate for a few seconds, place wand back in tube and gently stir, then apply product.


Not everyone has eye drops lying around, but if you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes like myself you probably do. My favorite eye drop brand is Rotho, I find them to be less irritating than Visine or other alternatives. For the purpose of this life hack, any eye drops will work the same.



Before and after adding eye drops to liquid eyeliner. This works just as well with mascara, but the results are harder to capture in a picture.

I personally use this trick when I'm in a pinch and don't have time to go buy new products for a few days. I hope it works well for others!


*Disclaimer*
If your mascara or liquid eyeliner starts drying out and getting clumpy, it's probably time to buy a new one. This life hack will help prolong the use of these eye products. However for sanitary reasons and to prevent the spread of bacteria, this process should only be used for a short period of time. Results may vary.

Products featured:
-Maybelline Volum'Express The Rocket mascara - Black
-Sephora brand liquid eyeliner - Noir Black
-Rotho eye drops - Ice


❁ Upcoming post: summer haul and favorites 

No comments: