Monday, July 14, 2014

Not so Trendy

Hello and welcome! My name is Maddie and this is the beginning of great things. I'd like to introduce myself and explain my blog in more detail than my brief "about me".

In my early high school years I had a blog called "Trendy Thomas", based around the fact that Thomas is my last name (note my this blog is still a play on my name) and that I wanted to seek fashion trends to write about. Trendy Thomas slowly faded away after my interests shifted from fashion to art history. Art has always been a staple in my life. Everything from taking art classes as a child to volunteering/interning at the Seattle Art Museum has led me to now be studying art history in college.


I still respect the fashion industry and will be writing fashion and beauty posts occasionally. Instead of obsessing about what trends stores and celebrities show off, I will be focusing on what Madders (matters) to me personally. I have beauty "life-hacks" to share, hauls of clothes and products I love, etc.

I outgrew Trendy Thomas. I want to write better content, create original photos, and share my passions in a more mature voice. Keep up with me and what Madders in art and art history, beauty and fashion, and my personal advice and stories. I will also partly utilize this blog to share my adventures on my upcoming study abroad trip to London in August! 

I've included some screenshots of old Trendy Thomas posts, and some images of the types of photos you can expect from this blog. Get excited to watch me navigate through life, share what Madders, and keep up with me on my upcoming travels.

Out with the old...

and in with the new.

❁ Upcoming posts: summer haul, mascara/eyeliner life-hack 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great first post!