Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer Wedding Essentials + My Weekend in the Midwest

I recently spent a long weekend in Minnesota and North Dakota celebrating my cousin's wedding. Though the Midwest might not be seen as the most glamorous place for a mini vacation, I still had a great time exploring and reuniting with family. Here are my product and accessory favorites for attending a summer wedding, as well as memories from my trip.

Summer wedding essentials:
- Change of clothes/ shoes from ceremony to reception, or reception to dance.
      Ceremony: Teal dress - Forever 21, black heels - Sofft
      Reception outfit:  Maxi skirt - Target, gray cami - Forever 21, white sweater - The Limited


- Dry shampoo
      My favorite brands are Batiste and Not Your Mother's
- Statement necklace
     Ann Taylor
- Make up favorites
      Light sunscreen and primer - Hang Ten Classic Sport - SPF 50, Pixi "Flawless Beauty" primer
      Easy to blend concealer - L'Oreal Paris concealer
      Bold eyeshadow - Estêe Lauder "Pure color" - Cyber Ice
      Full coverage powder - Clinque "Almost powder" applied with Ecotools brush
      Build-able mascara - Maybelline Volum'Express The Rocket mascara - Black
      Pale lip color - NYX buttergloss
- Sunglasses
      Target
Highlights:
- Street fair finds, rings and dream catcher. 
     There was a street fair right outside our hotel in Fargo while we were there. I stumbled upon these gorgeous hand crafted rings from the vendor "Golden Spiral Jewelry". All the rings were sterling silver with a variety of beautiful stones. I picked out a simple gold bead ring and a bold blue number made from a paua shell, apparently they are only found in New Zealand. I also found a cute little dream catcher with all my favorite colors; I couldn't leave it behind.

- Catching up with family :)
Regrets:
- Consuming too much Dairy Queen. There aren't any Dairy Queen's in Seattle so it always seems like a good idea...until after you eat it.

Realizations:
- Midwest sunsets and coffee have nothing on Washington's. Mediocre final breakfast at Cafe 116, and mediocre sunsets compared to what we've been seeing in Seattle lately.

Excited to be back on the West Coast, but still enjoyed my trip. Congrats to my cousin Alex and his beautiful wife Christina.

                                                         ❁ Post requests? Leave a comment below 

No comments: