I am now launching a new series on my blog called "Monthly Madders". This series will recap what "maddered" to me during the month - my favorite moments, products, music, etc. It's a spin off of popular monthly favorite videos on YouTube. I am excited to introduce "Monthly Madders" with the July edition!
Favorite moments:
- Celebrating the Fourth of July! I was traveling in Spain last summer during the Fourth and missed out on fireworks and festivities. This year I was a little overeager and went overboard with DIY red, white, & blue treats, and nail art.
- Working at the Seattle Art Museum's "SAM Camp" day camp. The first week of the camp was at the Asian Art Museum (shown below) and the second/third weeks were at the Olympic Sculpture Park. I've worked as a counselor at this kids art camp for the past three summers. This year I had the privilege to return and work as a teaching assistant, great experience.
- Visiting North Dakota for my cousin's wedding! Details of this trip and my summer wedding guest essentials are listed in my last post.
- Catching up with college friends and seeing many, many beautiful sunsets.
(Notice the rainbow below? That was such a magical night, a rainbow in the East and a pink sherbet sunset in the West).
- STARTING THIS BLOG!
Creating this blog was a huge highlight and accomplishment of July, thanks for starting this journey with me.
- Visiting North Dakota for my cousin's wedding! Details of this trip and my summer wedding guest essentials are listed in my last post.
- Catching up with college friends and seeing many, many beautiful sunsets.
(Notice the rainbow below? That was such a magical night, a rainbow in the East and a pink sherbet sunset in the West).
- STARTING THIS BLOG!
Creating this blog was a huge highlight and accomplishment of July, thanks for starting this journey with me.
Favorite products:
Summer beauty products are the best, they are usually lightweight and smell extra yummy! Here are some of my recent summer loves.
- Bath & Body Works lotions: Triple Moisture Body Cream in "Hawaii Passionfruit Kiss" + Shea & Vitamin E Body Lotion in "Coconut Lime Breeze". The triple moisture body creams from Bath & Body Works are easily my favorite type of lotion consistency; they're super moisturizing and don't leave a slimy feeling. The shea body lotion consistency doesn't quite hold up for me, but coconut lime is one of my favorite scents so I still love it.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: My hair is naturally pretty oily so dry shampoo has been a lifesaver this summer. After using up an entire bottle and a half of this Batiste dry shampoo, I can easily say it's a favorite.
- L'Oreal Paris "True Match" Crayon Correcteur concealer: Summer makeup to me is meant to be lightweight, easy and natural. I mentioned this product in summer wedding essentials and I consistently reached for it throughout July. As far as drugstore quality and prices go, this may not be the BEST but it's super quick to apply and blends well.
- Balanced Guru No Frizz Oil: I mentioned my hair can get oily, but the top can also get frizzy and my baby hair is notorious for standing up straight - this hair oil fixes that! It's made from organic sesame, lemongrass and other essential oils. I place a few drops in the palms of my hands and spread it into my hairline. Products like this usually make my hair oily and gross, but smooths out frizz for me perfectly.
- Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in "Unique Pink": This product surprised me when I first tested it. I was expecting it to work as a generic chapstick and didn't think the sheer color would make an impact, but I LOVE this stuff. The best way to describe this is a "your lips but better" lip balm. Your natural lip color is intensified with a subtle pink tinge, it could be considered a dupe of Dior's Lip Glow.
The name of the next product is a mouthful...
- bareMinerals "5 in 1" BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow: The eyeshadow claims to provide long-wearing color, prime, brighten, smooth appearance of fine lines and protect with SPF 15. When layered under eyeshadow I don't think it's that great of a primer, but I like this product on it's own. It covers discoloration and veins on my eyelids and isn't irritating.
Aside from beauty products, I've also been loving red shellac nails and this $1 bracelet I found from Forever 21.
Music favorites:
- Lorde's Pure Heroine album. I rediscovered Pure Heroine this month, it makes me nostalgic about time. I have many good memories from listening to this album while walking to class during my first quarter of college.
- The Fault In Our Stars soundtrack. I'm not a very good teen white girl and haven't actually seen TFIOS yet, but I read the book and really like the soundtrack. My favorite songs from it are "Boom Clap" by Charlie XCX and "All I Want" by Kodaline.
- Jason Mraz's new album YES! is romantic and summery. My favorite songs are "Quiet" and "Best Friend".
- Sia's Chandelier is so fun to jam to in the car and the music video is amazing.
- Bleacher's "I Wanna Get Better" and Vance Joy's "Riptide" have been my go to pick-me-up songs.
- Fences' "Arrows" featuring Macklemore & Ryan Lewis has grown on me. When I first listened to the song it didn't strike me, but after dancing to it in a Zumba class recently I've been obsessed with it.
❁ Thank you for reading my first edition of Monthly Madders!
Get excited for an upcoming FLOWER CROWN DIY ❁
*The last three beauty products mentioned are from IPSY bags! IPSY is a make up subscription service that sends several sample sized products in makeup "Glam Bags" each month. I'm not affiliated with IPSY, I'm just subscribed to their service.






No comments:
Post a Comment