Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Seattle Art Fair

I recently had the opportunity to attend the AMAZING inaugural Seattle Art Fair! Held in the CenturyLink Field Event Center and created by Vulcan + Art Market Productions, Seattle's first mega-scale art fair was a tremendous success. The fair was devoted to contemporary art. It featured everyone from young up-and-coming locals like Nathan DiPietro, to renown international artists like Mr. and Yayoi Kusuma. The event was electric and buzzed with people the entire weekend. The Stranger put it best by saying it was the perfect mix of "New York glamour" and "West Coast chill."

I'm a new hire in the Seattle Art Museum's communications department and helped staff SAM's booth during the event. I talked anyone passing by about our current exhibitions and upcoming events. I also handed out rad stickers and adorable "take me to the art" tote bags. Though I was "working" (any art related event never feels like work to me) I still had time to wander the event and ogle at all the art. Here were some of my favorites: 

Yayoi Kusama, Pumpkin, 2015
David Zwiner Gallery, New York + London
Samson Gallery, Boston, MA 
Brian Rutenberg, Forum Gallery 
Dylan Neuwirth, Interface
Punch Gallery, Seattle
Dylan Neuwirth, ABSOLUTE ZERO
Season Gallery, Seattle
Erik den Breejen, Van Gogh, 2015 
Freight + Volume Gallery, New York
Mr.
KaiKai Kiki Gallery, Tokyo
Robin Eley, FLUX, 2015
101/Exhibit Gallery, Los Angeles 
Joseph Raffael, No Beginning No End, 2014
Nancy Hoffman Gallery, New York
Micah Ganske, Centralia Habitat: Circle, 2014
101/Exhibit Gallery, Los Angeles 
Gregory Halili, Memento X, 2014
oil on mother of pearl 
Nawer, Untitled, 2015 
Kai Kai Kiki Gallery, Tokyo 

It has already been confirmed that Seattle Art Fair will happen again next year! Cheers!

No comments: