Sunday, August 30, 2015

August Favorites// Monthly Madders


Another month has passed so I've rounded up some new favorites featuring everything from beauty products, to crystals and coloring books!
Beauty:

1) Nars Satin Lip Pencil in "Rikugien"
    If you're an August baby like me, you may have received this Nars lip pencil as your Sephora birthday gift this month. I love the color and finish of this lip pencil, it covers well enough to wear by itself. This is a "your lips but better" color on me, super easy and natural looking. 
2) Origins "Checks and Balances" Frothy face wash
    THIS.PRODUCT.SAVED.MY.SKIN.
I have never been able to swear by ANY skincare product as much as this one! I don't know what magic potion is in this face wash. I have oily and fairly acne prone skin, but this immediately cleared it up. I use it ritually so it has kept my skin clear the entire summer. The consistency of it is great, you only need a teeny amount and to mix it with water for it to become frothy, foamy, and lovely. It is gentle enough to use once, or even multiple times a day. LOVE LOVE LOVE GO BUY IT.  
3) Cannabis Basics Satin Skin Soothing Lotion
     I frequently mention Cannabis Basics in monthly favorites. This lotion was one of the first products gifted to me by them. It took me a while to actually get around to using it, but now I've gone through three bottles of this stuff! My legs have been dry and covered in bug bites the entire summer. This is the only lotion that has actually been soothing for my summer skin. My boyfriend loves it too.
4) Hard Candy "Glamoflauge" concealer 
     I've heard amazing things about this concealer for months but never was able to find it in stores. I found it in a Walmart in Iowa, of all places, during my recent midwest travels. This concealer lives up to the hype, very full coverage and long lasting. 
Crystals:

2015 has opened me to different forms of spirituality and I've dabbled in learning about crystal energy. I don't wholeheartedly believe crystals are able to heal or create change on there own, but I do believe they give off energy and good vibes. I also find the placebo effect of crystals to be just as important; if I wear or hold a crystal with a certain property, I try to manifest that energy in to my day and it helps me change.

I received this lovely little quartz pendant for my birthday and have worn it for every day of August (my birthday being on the 1st). I think quartz has been commercialized more than any other crystal, likely because it's the most recognizable and most commonly occurring in nature. Regardless, quartz is still beautiful and amplifies clarity.

In August I attended a local crystal and rock fair (aka heaven) and picked out this beautiful little chunk of orange calcite. I don't know what it was about this calcite, but it's energy spoke to me and feels so good to hold. Orange calcite helps with mental stress. It can help relieve emotional fear and restore mental and emotional equilibrium. I connect with it more than any other crystal I own. 

Coloring books:
My birthday presents somehow always seem have to have a recurring theme, which means I am a predictable person I suppose. This year's birthday theme seemed to be coloring books. Adult coloring books say what!?

Yeah they are a thing and becoming super trendy. THEY ARE SO FUN AND SO GOOD IF YOU HAVE ANXIETY! My coloring book collection so far includes a Paris-themed book from my friend Greta, and another called "Color Me Calm" which has everything from mandalas to cute nature scenes. As an artistic person, drawing and doodling always calms me. However, I think these coloring books are especially great for the 80% of the population who thinks "they can't draw." Do not underestimate the power of the coloring book.

Until next post,
Cheers friends. 

No comments: