Colds. They happen to the best of us.
I've been feeling a little under the weather lately and have been babying myself. I need to be at my best for attending the Seattle music festival, Bumbershoot, this weekend. Being sick is a good excuse for some extra self love and care. Here are some of my sick day essentials with my "treat yo'self" mentality.
I find DayQuil (or the Kroger brand equivalent) works best to fight off my colds. I've also been liking the new "dual action" Ricola cough drops.
2) Tea. Also shocking, drinking tea while you're sick? Revolutionary.
I have NEVER considered myself a tea person, strictly coffee. Something about this cold though has made me crave tea, I have been obsessed with Teavana Peach Tranquility, or should I say tranquilitea. This tea is caffeine free - meaning I can drink an excessive amount and still sleep at night.
3) Aromatherapy.
Breathing isn't always an easy task while congested from a cold. Products with aromatherapy qualities help make breathing easier. I always rely on my Healing Stick from Ancient Dragonfly Soap Co, I've previously blogged about it in a Monthly Madders post. It's a simple little gel stick you can rub on your neck or under your nose to help with sinus problems.
I've also recently discovered the magic of shower tablets, they are like bath bombs for bathtub-less plebeians like myself. Place a shower tablet in the shower where water will hit it, and watch it fizz and release soothing smells. A shower tablet is something I wouldn't normally use, and is an easy way to do something a little extra special for myself. My Smith & Vandiver shower tablets make me happy because they are eucalyptus and peppermint scented - I love anything peppermint scented/flavored.
Other tips:
4) Healthy breakfast.It is always easy to skip breakfast, especially when you don't feel your best, but fueling your body with healthy food is critical. I've been opting for avocado toast.
5) Get some fresh air.
Getting outside, going on a walk, or even just getting fresh air from a cracked window can be invigorating.
6) Do some light yoga.
Being a couch potato while sick is good to an extent, but doing light yoga and stretches can help get you going.
If your sick right now, feel better love. If not, avoiding colds is nearly impossible during the school year, so maybe some of these tips will help then.
Cheers friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment